Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Facebook Finally Launches Video Chat With Skype...

63 comments
 
Facebook video chat is real: the social network has unveiled its rumored video chat product, powered by Skype.
“A few months ago, we started working with Skype to bring video calling to Facebook,” Facebook announced on its blog. “We built it right into chat, so all your conversations start from the same place. To call your friend, just click the video call button at the top of your chat window.”

The new chat product, according to Facebook’s blog, will allow users to call their friends right from Facebook. The revamped chat system now includes a sidebar with “the people you message most.” It automatically appears when your browser is big enough.


Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg speaks during a news conference at Facebook's headquarters in Palo Alto, California, July 6, 2011. REUTERS/Norbert von der Groeben 
You can now make video calls on Facebook, thanks to a new Skype-powered feature the social network launched Wednesday.
During the product announcement, Mark Zuckerberg described how his elderly neighbor in Palo Alto asked if he could to video chat his grandson on Facebook — without the hassle of setting up a new account or downloading a program. “Tune in,” Zuckerberg told him.

It’s not quite as seamless as Zuckerberg’s neighbor was hoping, however. The first time you try to video chat someone or answer a call, you will indeed be asked to download a program. The chat window will then ask you to select some Flash settings.
 

63 Responses so far.

  1. dmin says:

    Google+ will continue to attract certain types of users, not “mainstream” users like Facebook. In this way Google both wins and loses (although some of the features on Google+ are pure win in my opinion, namely Hangout and Circles).

  2. aroy says:

    wooo wha a great news awesome luve you facebook

  3. What when Facebook launched Video service

  4. can one tell me how to install video service please

  5. Terrific whaoo that is big surprise from facebook..any how can onyone let me know how start this video chat I looking for

  6. this has been a another i have dreamed talking with with my friends on facebook video chat

  7. Gomella says:

    be neutral to the 21st century tech world donot fly so high facebook

  8. Facebook will never stop impressing. If this rumor is true, Do you think music would be free to download and share or would cost some type of premium??

  9. Anonymous says:



    Feel free tо suгf tо my
    weblog; angels of london tantra
    Also visit my weblog tantra london

  10. Anonymous says:

    Thanks on your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.

    I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and may come back very
    soon. I want to encourage one to continue your
    great work, have a nice morning!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog Cheap NFL Jerseys

  11. Anonymous says:

    It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for
    bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

    I look forward to fresh updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!

    Here is my web site: proactol

  12. Anonymous says:

    What i do not realize is in truth how you are no longer really a lot more neatly-appreciated than you might be now.
    You are so intelligent. You already know therefore significantly in the
    case of this matter, made me personally believe it from so many varied angles.
    Its like women and men aren't involved except it's something to do with Lady gaga!
    Your individual stuffs outstanding. At all times care for it up!



    my web site :: Converse Basse

  13. Anonymous says:

    Hi there to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are fastidious designed for new visitors.



    Feel free to visit my web page www.wheelhousebikes.com

  14. Anonymous says:

    These are actually wonderful ideas in about blogging. You have touched some nice points here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

    Check out my web-site :: Louis Vuitton Bags

  15. Anonymous says:

    Why viewers still make use of to read news papers when in this technological world the whole
    thing is accessible on web?

    Also visit my website :: Cheap NFL Jerseys

  16. Anonymous says:

    As the admin of this site is working, no
    uncertainty very quickly it will be famous, due to its
    feature contents.

    my homepage: Air Max Classic BW

  17. Anonymous says:

    My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly
    all of your post's to be just what I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content for yourself?
    I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome weblog!

    Have a look at my weblog Jordan Femme Pas Cher

  18. Anonymous says:

    There is certainly a lot to find out about this topic.
    I like all of the points you have made.

    Also visit my blog post http://www.converseshopfr.com/

  19. Anonymous says:

    I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also
    with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme
    or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing,
    it's rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.

    Also visit my web site; Nike Air Max

  20. Anonymous says:

    Admiring the commitment you put into your site and detailed
    information you present. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't
    the same outdated rehashed material. Great read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.


    Also visit my webpage :: http://wealthwayonline.com

  21. Anonymous says:

    I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You're wonderful!
    Thanks!

    My web-site: Abercrombie

  22. Anonymous says:

    I just couldn't leave your web site before suggesting that I really loved the standard info an individual supply on your guests? Is gonna be back steadily in order to check out new posts

    my website ... Michael Kors Outlet

  23. Anonymous says:

    Outstanding post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more
    on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Kudos!

    my homepage: Abercrombie

  24. Anonymous says:

    Wow, this piece of writing is pleasant, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things, so I am going to let know her.


    Feel free to surf to my blog: Louis Vuitton Bags

  25. Anonymous says:

    My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be exactly I'm looking for.
    can you offer guest writers to write content in your
    case? I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome weblog!

    Here is my web site :: Michael Kors Handbags

  26. Anonymous says:

    Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe that this website needs a
    great deal more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the information!

    Also visit my web-site: Authentic Sidney Crosby Jersey

  27. Anonymous says:

    Thanks for sharing such a good thinking, article is
    pleasant, thats why i have read it completely

    Here is my web page - http://www.teamshoppenguins.com/

  28. Anonymous says:

    Very soon this web page will be famous among all blogging people, due to it's pleasant articles

    my web page: Clicking Here

  29. Anonymous says:

    I really like reading an article that will make people think.
    Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!

    my web site; Cheap Jerseys3

  30. Anonymous says:

    Hey there, You have done an excellent job. I'll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

    Feel free to visit my weblog: Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

  31. Anonymous says:

    Greate article. Keep writing such kind of info on your site.
    Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hey there, You have done an excellent job.
    I'll definitely digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.


    Visit my blog Chaussure De Foot

  32. Anonymous says:

    It is not my first time to go to see this web page, i am visiting this site dailly and obtain
    good data from here all the time.

    Here is my web-site: Cheap NFL Jerseys

  33. Anonymous says:

    Very energetic post, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part
    2?

    Feel free to surf to my web page - Sac Guess Pas Cher

  34. Anonymous says:

    Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my
    4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had
    to tell someone!

    Feel free to surf to my weblog - Evgeni Malkin Authentic Jersey

  35. Anonymous says:

    What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of
    valuable knowledge regarding unexpected feelings.



    my web site Louis Vuitton Outlet

  36. Anonymous says:

    Greetings from Los angeles! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you provide here and can't wait to take
    a look when I get home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI,
    just 3G .. Anyhow, awesome blog!

    Also visit my web-site Abercrombie Paris

  37. Anonymous says:

    What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to contribute & assist different customers like its
    helped me. Good job.

    Feel free to surf to my site; Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags

  38. Anonymous says:

    Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog.

    An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... Air Jordan Pas Cher

  39. Anonymous says:

    It is the best time to make some plans for the future and it
    is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read even more things about it!



    my blog: Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

  40. Anonymous says:

    I read this paragraph completely on the topic of the difference of latest and previous technologies,
    it's amazing article.

    Have a look at my webpage ... Air Max Pas Cher

  41. Anonymous says:

    Howdy! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up
    for the great information you have here on this
    post. I might be coming again to your blog for more soon.


    my webpage xem phim hay tren mang

  42. Anonymous says:

    Your style is really unique in comparison to other people I have read stuff from.
    Many thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this page.

    my page; Click This Link

  43. Anonymous says:

    You've made some decent points there. I checked on the web for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.

    My web-site ... Louis Vuitton Bags Outlet

  44. Anonymous says:

    Hi there! I simply would like to give you a big thumbs up
    for your excellent info you have right here on this post. I'll be returning to your website for more soon.

    Also visit my webpage: Get the Facts

  45. Anonymous says:

    It is in point of fact a nice and useful piece of information.
    I am satisfied that you just shared this useful info with us.
    Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.


    my web-site :: Full Report

  46. Anonymous says:

    Hello! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice
    information you’ve got right here on this post. I shall be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.


    My blog :: semi automatic twenty one pilots

  47. Anonymous says:

    It's very easy to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I found this post at this site.

    Have a look at my website - Look At This

  48. Anonymous says:

    Hі, Neat post. There's an issue with your website in web explorer, would test this? IE still is the market leader and a big section of other folks will omit your excellent writing due to this problem.

    Feel free to visit my web blog - Play dress up games

  49. Anonymous says:

    Wоw, fаntastic blοg lаyout!
    How long have you been bloggіng for? you maԁe blogging lοοk easу.
    The overall look of your ѕite is еxcellent,
    let alone thе content!

    mу blog; http://www.flashgamesforplay.com/zombie-games

  50. Anonymous says:

    There's definately a lot to find out about this subject. I like all of the points you have made.

    Also visit my homepage ... NFL Cheap Jerseys

  51. Anonymous says:

    Hi to all, since I am actually eager of reading this blog's post to be updated on a regular basis. It consists of nice information.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post - Soldes Air Jordan

  52. Anonymous says:

    Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your weblog? My blog site
    is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would truly benefit from a lot of the information
    you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
    Thank you!

    Also visit my web site ... Air Jordan Pas Cher

  53. Anonymous says:

    Howdy! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy
    reading your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
    Thanks!

    my homepage; Cheap Jerseys

  54. Anonymous says:

    I needed to thank you for this very good read!! I absolutely loved every little bit
    of it. I have you book marked to look at new stuff you post…

    Also visit my web site; Nike Blazers JD

  55. Anonymous says:

    Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological world everything is
    available on net?

    Here is my web-site: Tory Burch Shoes

  56. Anonymous says:

    For most recent news you have to go to see internet
    and on the web I found this website as a finest website for hottest
    updates.

    Feel free to visit my web-site - Michael Kors (http://overuc.com/michaelkors.html)

  57. Anonymous says:

    No matter if some one searches for his essential thing,
    thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.


    Feel free to visit my site ... Air Max

  58. Anonymous says:

    Thank you a lot for sharing this with all people you really understand what
    you're talking about! Bookmarked. Please also visit my website =). We will have a hyperlink change contract between us

    my website - Michael Kors

Leave a Reply